The Hawaii State Golf Association (HSGA) is one of 59 Allied Golf Associations in the U.S.A. representing Hawaii and surrounding areas. We are a non-profit organization dedicated to the integrity and traditions of the game of golf in Hawaii. HSGA is also the exclusive provider of the GHIN service for golfers in Hawaii. The primary focus of the association is to provide a reliable and accurate handicapping system for every golfer in the state of Hawaii.
By joining the HSGA you are supporting many great things we do for the game of golf in Hawaii. Since 1984, we have been dedicated to preserving and protecting golf in Hawaii. The HSGA provides USGA handicap indexes through the Golf Handicap and Information Network (GHIN) service, USGA Course & Slope Rating Services, USGA Rules of Golf & Handicapping Seminars, and Tournament Hosting and Procurement to its members and the golfing community of Hawaii. We also help to support many other golf associations and amateur & professional tournaments in Hawaii including events at the young junior ages, high school and college level. The HSGA is made up of three dedicated full time associates and 14 volunteer directors throughout the state of Hawaii.
The HSGA annually conducts 22 tournaments annually in Hawaii for HSGA members including:
- The Hawaii State Amateur Stroke Play Championship (72 holes)
- The Manoa Cup (Hawaii State Amateur Stroke Play Championship)
- HSGA Four-Ball (stroke play) 36 holes
- Francis Hyde I'i Brown Four Ball (match play)
- HSGA Kauai Amateur (54 holes)
- Mayor's Cup (36 holes)
- Big Island Amateur (36 holes)
- HSGA Maui Amateur (36 holes)
- USGA Championship qualifiers (12):
- U.S. Open (Local) (two sites) with support of the HSJGA
- U.S. Women's Open (Sectional- 36 holes) with support of the HSJGA
- U.S. Senior Open (Sectional)
- U.S. Junior Amateur (Sectional) with support of the HSJGA
- U.S. Girls Junior (Sectional) with support of the HSJGA
- U.S. Amateur (Sectional- 36 holes)
- U.S. Women's Amateur (Sectional)
- U.S. Senior Amateur (Sectional)
- U.S. Mid-Amateur (Sectional)
- U.S. Sr Women's Amateur (Sectional) with support of the HSWGA
- U.S. Amateur Four-Ball (Sectional)
- Governor John A. Burns Challenge Cup
- Special Sony Open in Hawaii Qualifier for Governor's Cup Amateur Team
Visit our HSGA Tournaments, Governor's Cup Points, and the USGA Qualifiers page for more information.
We also support many other tournaments and events including but not limited to:
PGA Tour Sony Open in Hawaii, University of Hawaii Men, University of Hawaii Women, Big Island Invitational, First Tee of Hawaii Shootout, Women's Army Invitational, LPGA Lotte Championship, Mid Pacific Open, OIA High School Golf, ILH High School Golf, BMW Championship, Mamala Bay Invitational, Jennie K Invitational, Drive Chip & Putt, Barber's Point Invitational, Oahu Country Club Invitational, Pearl Junior Open, Men's Army Invitational, Pearl Invitational, Oahu Country Club Women's Invitational, Turtle Bay Invitational, Hawaii State Open and multiple other tournaments of Hawaii Junior Golf Associations such as the HSJGA, OJGA, JGAH, KJGA. We also support tournaments of the Hawaii State Women's Golf Association.